  • Subject: WRKDBF new Release V09.02.09 now available for Download!
  • From: "Reger, Bill" <breger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:58:53 -0500

A new release of the "freeware" WRKDBF is now available for download at the
WRKDBF web site http://www.wrkdbf.com <http://www.wrkdbf.com> .  Most of the
changes made for this release are related to enhancing the SQL functionality
of WRKDBF and are a direct result of comments and ideas from people who have
installed WRKDBF from the web site.  I wish to thank everyone for their
input and comments, and for the overwhelmingly positive response to WRKDBF!

The following are some of the highlights of this release:

*       The SQL "LIKE" and "NOT LIKE" operations can now be used.  These
operations give you the ability to select records via pattern recognition.
They are entered as "LK" and "NL" respectively.

*       You now have the ability to save the SQL commands so that they can
be reused at a later time.  This is done by specifying "Save SQL? = Y" at
the top of the "Enter SQL Selection Criteria" panel.  The default is to NOT
save the SQL.  When you save an SQL, the SQL (object type *QMQRY) is stored
in a new library named WRKDBFSQL, and can be rerun later via the WRKDBFSQL
command.

*       You now are able to submit the SQL commands to be executed in batch.
This is done by entering a Job Description at the top of the "Enter SQL
Selection Criteria" panel.  The default is to run the SQL interactively
(Jobd = *NONE).

*       You now have the ability to create an *OUTFILE of your SQL results.
When you enter "OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)" you will be prompted for a name to give
the *OUTFILE, and whether to *REPLACE/*ADD records, etc.

*       Miscellaneous bug fixes and other minor enhancements.  See the
Summary of Changes that is included with the download for more details.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or comments about this
release or any other part of WRKDBF.

William K. Reger
Senior Project Manager
Levitz Furniture Corporation