  • Subject: Re: Display Program Messages suppression on multiple Sign on
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:44:18 -0500

Let me paraphrase.

You changed the user profile to DLVRY(*HOLD).
You are using the same user  profile on both sessions.
You do not change the user profile back to anything that DLVRY(*HOLD).
You sign on to one session with no problems.
You can do a DSPMSG and delete all of the messages.
You can do a SNDMSG to that user profile and no ding and the MSGW light does
not light.
Then you do a CHGMSGQ MSGQ(userid) DLVRY(*NOTIFY)         not a CHGUSRPRF!
Now your ding and MSGW light works.
You sign on to the second session and get the message, before you have a chance
to do anything else, you get the message that the message queue is allocated to
another job.

If this is true, then do you have an initial program that does the CHGMSGQ and
doesn't have the MONMSG that Al recommended?
Otherwise then something ain't right.

pcdow@yahoo.com on 12/08/99 04:29:00 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet