  • Subject: Re: Price Increases
  • From: LLeach@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 13:23:22 -0800

Hey Roger:

To paraphrase that old gospel song...."Go tell it on your mountain".

While the price increase "justification" of lower residual values may be
true, my opinion is that this is a thinly veiled effort to drive as much
revenue into a miserable 4th quarter as is possible, but then again, IBM
can't exactly come right out and say that, can they?  Most customers will
not take kindly to having their intelligence insulted and their
pocketbooks impacted at the same time.

I have a copy of the full IBM announcement regarding the increases.  If
anyone is interested, please email me privately and I will forward it to
you.

Lane Leach
AS/400 Systems Engineer
The Kalos Group