  • Subject: RE: New AS/400 - Now What?
  • From: "Jeffrey Silberberg" <jsilberberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:38:19 -0500

Kirk,

      You missed what in my mind would be some important steps.

#5 - Using the Security Advisor questionnaire at
http://www.as400.ibm.com/tstudio/secure1/index_av.htm   set up the security
levels and establish the security policy for your system.

#6 - Setup a Source CLP member and start the SYSVALMOD or what ever you call
it CL program.  This and the CLP from the Security advisor combined should
hold any and all CL commands executed to configure the system suchas
CHGSYSVAL Qanything. This way the changes are documented, and the CL can be
used in the event of a Disaster recovery issue at a latter date.

#7 - Setup any system journals like Security Audits, and Job Accounting for
the Box.

#8 - Now let the world in according to your Security policy !!

Jeffrey M. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
(770) 399-9464

Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.