  • Subject: Re: New AS/400 - Now What?
  • From: Wayne Capwell <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:59:38 -0500

Hi Debbie,
Find the Basic System Operations, Administration, and Problem Handling
book, SC41-5206 and start with the "Tips for managing your system"
chapter.  The lic. pmgs may need to be installed but others in this list
have pointed out how to get that accomplished.  Be sure to do backups
along the way as was mentioned.  Could save a lot of time later.

You might want to try contacting CMD Systems in Charlotte.  David Stone
is a principle with them and a partner with Deloitte.  He and I worked
together some years ago.  If you like, he's at 704-331-1577 or
DAStone@DTTUS.com

good luck
Wayne

--