Try taking your daily rate then putting overheads and profit on top of
that,
and you'll see that it is very expensive to develop software.

Go to any software house and ask how much it will cost to develop even a
simple report. Even if it is only 1 or 2 days, the cost will probably be
in the thousands.

Multiply this up for even a modest change to a software package, and
then to a whole system. Very expensive.

So basically if there was unlimited liability for all errors in
software, or perfect software, either software companies would all go
bust fixing errors in software, or the software would never get
developed, because they would run out of money before they made it
perfect.

I dont know if you work at a software house, but I have worked at
software houses, and many development projects lose money, for various
reasons,
so there are two sides to it