I hear what you are saying, but the reality today is that GUI = Windows
from Microsoft.  The whole design changes.   I am not suggesting shoddy
work, but what if the work is perfect and it doesn't perform the same way
on 12 different machines?  For example, would anyone pay you to program
for all screen sizes, including  640 x 480? Of course not, but someone
will cough up one of those old screens and it will look like a bug to
them.

Booth Martin
boothm@earth.goddard.edu
http://www.spy.net/~booth