  • Subject: Re: IBM knows how to treat it's employess.....
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:42:52 +0000

Janet,

I think suggested something similar to this back on 11/17 and didn't get much
response... It was in the Subject message: Interesting comments, AS/400 web
serving
and my blabber follows:

<I REALLY think what it is going to take is the folks at the BIG companies using
the
AS/400 (not the little ones like where I work...) to DEMAND an audience with the
powers that be at IBM. I was in Rochester a while back and heard talk of the LUG
(Large User Group - actually know someone in it and they have 41 AS/400's, 4
ways
and 8 ways...). These folks OBVIOUSLY have a HUGE DOLLAR investment in AS/400's
and maybe THEY could get IBM to listen !!!!

JMHO !

Chuck>

I work at a small AS/400 site, but left a MUCH bigger one last year so can speak
from BOTH sides.

What's it take to get something like this going ?

Seems like it would be a FULL blitz by us, Midrange Magazine, Showcase,
News/400,
IGnite 400, etc. (?)

Chuck