  • Subject: Re: The only hope to save the AS/400
  • From: nina jones <ddi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:07:28 -0600

> The industry recognizes that IBM has the most reliable server architecture in
> the world in the AS/400.  It is my belief that the heads of Sun, HP, and many
> others (including the proponents of Netfinity within IBM) pray every night
>that
> IBM continue to ignore the AS/400. They would not have a future if IBM paid
>even
> 50% of the attention to the platform that it should.

how depressing!  and true!

picture an ad campain, in the same style as the mci ads a couple of
years ago, with exec friends from two different companies, one with a
new p/c network, and another with an as/400.

ad one - the execs meet for lunch, the one from the p/c company is
fretting about how his d/p budget has doubled, and he's afraid it may
get worse.  the as/400 shop's d/p budget has gone down.

ad two - the execs are at a party, and exec one is late, and upset
because the computer is down, again.  exec two can't remember the last
time the computer went down.

you get the drift!  but no, it makes too much sence.  they'll stick to
dancing schoolgirls.

nj