  • Subject: Re: Programmers VS Consultants
  • From: Lori Hainey <lhainey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:11:13 -0500

Your point in invalid however, because we as consultants must live with the code
we create also. If we turn out bad code we do not receive repeat business and
hence we are "out of business". Not much point in that now is there???? On the
other hand if you value your future and the product you create - you do receive
repeat business - not to fix your mistakes but to provide additional value.  We
have had repeat business from every client we have worked for with the exception
of the one for which we would not code an RPGII based system for future open
system and web enablement. In one case the client has actually opted to use our
firm for all their I.S. staff except the Help Desk person - due to the quality
of
our work.