  • Subject: RE: Performance of *MAX4GB files vs *MAX1TB
  • From: Debbie Helms <DHelms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:43:23 -0500

Actually - my company has.  We had some real performance problems with a
particular program.  Our users would stop and wait for 5-15 minutes when
this program ran.  It was a maintenance program that many users ran at the
same time.  After much investigation by IBM and us...IBM told us to change
the accpthsiz on the physical file and all the logicals attached to the
file.  It absolutely made a major difference.   I haven't  seen this
documented anywhere.