  • Subject: IBM 6400 line printer
  • From: Gary Munroe <GMUNROE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:32:02 -0400

Two totally unrelated questions:

1) We have an IBM 6400 line printer set up to run in IBM Proprinter
III XL emulation over IP (has an ethernet card in it).  It is working
fine from the AS/400 however we want to use it with a unix system.
I have attempted to send proprinter codes (Proprinter XL codes are
all I could find, nothing came with the printer) with no intended
effect.  It seems to have changed to NLQ mode but I am attempting
to change the LPI and CPI.  Does anyone have any experience with
this?

2) Is there a secure shell client (SSH) available for the AS/400?

Thanks.