  • Subject: RE: FTP Problem
  • From: Kirk Goins <KirkG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:48:28 -0800

I had a similar symptom sometime back... We had a packet size issue in
our network which involved several bridges, routers,
switches etc. FTP uses one connection for login etc. and 2nd for bulk
thru put. We couldn't xfer just like you and things like hte
"dir" would also fail. Using netstat to monitor on both systems we could
see 16k worth of data being sent from the source but no
return data from the dest. system.

The PC maybe in the right place in the middle to make it work...

Hope this helps

Kirk Goins
IBM Certified AS/400 Technical Solutions
Pacific Information Systems
503-290-2104
kirkg@pacinfosys.com