  • Subject: Re: Error Messages on Sign-on display
  • From: "Henrik Krebs" <hkrebs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:01:36 +0100

Evan
You might send a status msg to *ext, then DLYJOB(10). Not elegant, but try it
out.

> should I be doing a TFRCTL at the end of the routing
If the routingprogram is not in the new sbs: NO. RRTJOB can be compared to a
signoff plus a signon (bypassing QDSIGNON) to the new
sbs.

----------
Fra: Evan Harris <spanner@ihug.co.nz>
Til: midrange-l@midrange.com
Emne: Error Messages on Sign-on display
Dato: 17. november 1999 19:46

I'm playing with the idea of routing interactive jobs into their own
subsystems and additionally "locking" applications to enable access to be
restricted at certain times.

I've managed to create a routing program and the locking part easily
enough, and the jobs get routed to the appropriate subsystem correctly, the
problem I have is that I want to sign off the user and send a program
message stating that "Application XXXX is not currently available - try
again later" and display it on the sign on screen after logging the user
off, in similar fashion to an "incorrect password entered" type message.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get this to work using a program
message from the routing program. What is the trick to this that I am
missing, presuming it is possible ?

On other question - should I be doing a TFRCTL at the end of the routing
program to remove it from the invocation stack, or will this take place
automatically when the job enters the new subsystem ? My routing program
either signs the user off or does a TFRJOB into the correct subsystem.

Thanks in advance
Evan Harris