What is a good method for copying a plain 132 column 10 CPI AS/400 report to
MS Word for documentation?    Is there a better method than CPYSPLF and
Client/Access file transfer??

If the AS/400 report has font changes and bold attributes, is there a way to
handle?

You might consider buying the software to do this Like Magellan or the IBM
product

5769RD1   *COMPATIBLE  OnDemand for AS/400
5769RD1   *COMPATIBLE  OnDemand Spooled File Archive Feature

We found just this archive feature inexpensive, however we just got it so I have
not had a chance to even try it.  I glanced at the ONDEMAND book and it might do
this.

You also have the option of writing a Cl using a dataq's outque.

CHGVAR     VAR(&NAME) VALUE('          ')
CHGVAR     VAR(%SST(&NAME 1 2)) VALUE('P_')
CHGVAR     VAR(%SST(&NAME 3 4)) VALUE(%SST(&USER 1 4))

CHGVAR     VAR(&SEQ) VALUE(1)
CHGVAR     VAR(&SEQC) VALUE(&SEQ)
CHGVAR     VAR(&DOC) VALUE(&NAME *TCAT &SEQC)

CHKDLO     DLO(&DOC) FLR('STUFF/' || &FLR)
MONMSG     MSGID(CPF8A77) EXEC(DO)
CRTFLR     FLR(&FLR) INFLR(STUFF) TEXT('Spool File +
             Transfer Destination')

 CPYSPLF    FILE(&FILE) TOFILE(QTEMP/ZTEMP) +
              JOB(&JOBNUM/&USER/&JOB) SPLNBR(&SPLNUM) +
              TOMBR(ZTEMP)
CPYTOPCD   FROMFILE(QTEMP/ZTEMP) TOFLR('STUFF/' || &FLR) TODOC(&DOC)
and then copying that docment to Word.