  • Subject: Re: Rhyme nor reason
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 07:42:05 -0800

*DING DING DING DING DING DING DING*
Winner, winner winner!  We have us a winner!

Wow!  Congratulations, Douglas and John!  You figured it
out!

What an undocumented "feature", wow.  Well, now I know
why one user could and why one user couldn't.  I just created
a display file utility for the file, and I could browse it fine.  Then
when I did an UPDDTA on the file, I could browse it fine.  Even
though I wasn't using the display file utility.

Like you said, it must set a default in the user profile telling DFU to
ignore decimal data errors, and it kept this default even when not
using an explicit DFU program.

Wow, mystery solved.  Okay, so now I should create a DFU program
with my account Jim and tell it NOT to ignore decimal data errors.  That
way when I do a UPDDTA I can see if there are errors.

Thanks!!!

Everyone's help on this is much appreciated.

Regards,

Jim Langston