Here is a copy of a letter I just received from my freindly neighborhood IBM
Var, (note the capital V in var) Thanks DSI !

October 7, 1999

Dear Customer:

Recently IBM  advised that there are some PTFs which must be applied to the
system software in order for the AS/400 to be fully  Y2K compliant.   Many
of these PTFs, we are told, are not in any of the CUM packages.  This letter
will attempt to explain which PTFs you should apply to your systems.  All of
the APARs mentioned can be found on the following web page, if you care to
look at them in the original:

http://as400service.rochester.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/Document/10000035

If you do not see your version and release listed,  click on :  All Info
APARs by Release

YEAR 2000 GROUP PTFs:
For Version 3.7 through Version 4.4, please submit the following command
through ECS:

SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF99200)) DELIVERY(*ANY)

You will receive all the PTFs that are described in the following APARs
(which you can retrieve at the web site noted above):

Version                   APAR
V3R7                     II11543
V4R1                     II11544
V4R2                     II11545
V4R3                     II11546
V4R4                     II11685

For CISC versions, the command to receive the PTFs is:

SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF99201)) DELIVERY(*ANY)

And the specific PTF information can be found in:
V3R2                     II11534

For the latest Y2K product status information please refer to:
http://www.software.ibm.com/year2000

The following PTFs are specific to certain products.  Send for them by using
the SNDPTFORD command.  If you don't have the product, you don't need the
PTFs!

DATA BASE PTFs                        Version:
(including Query, SQL)
SF99104                                             V4R4
SF99103                                             V4R3
SF99102                                             V4R2
SF99101                                             V4R1
SF99100                                             V3R7

GROUP HIPER PTFs                   Version:    (High Impact Pervasive PTFs
should be evaluated by system since some may not
(all HIPERs not inluded                                         pertain to
yours)
in CUM  C9229440)
SF99095                                             V4R4
SF99092                                             V4R3
SF99090                                             V4R2
SF99091                                             V4R1
SF99094                                             V3R7
SF99093                                             V3R2

NETWORK STATION PTFs        Version:
SF99082                                             V4R4
SF99082                                             V4R3
SF99082                                             V4R2
SF99082                                             V4R1
SF99081                                             V3R7
SF99080                                             V3R2

BACKUP

RECOVERY SOLUTIONS
 PTFs   (5769-BR1)                          Version:
SF99076                                             V4R4
SF99075                                             V4R3
SF99074                                             V4R2
SF99073                                             V4R1
SF99071                                             V3R7
SF99072                                             V3R2

JAVA GROUP HIPER  PTFs        Version:
(5769-JV1)
SF99067                                             V4R4
SF99066                                             V4R3
SF99065                                             V4R2

WEBSPHERE GROUP PTFs
(5769-AS1)                                     Version:
SF99027                                             V4R4

WEBSERVER GROUP  PTFs
(5769-DG1)                                    Version:
SF99026                                             V4R4
SF99025                                             V4R3

PERFORMANCE TOOLS  PTFs
 (5769-PT1)                                   Version:
SF99024                                             V4R4
SF99023                                             V4R3
SF99022                                             V4R2
SF99021                                             V4R1
SF99020                                             V3R7

EURO CURRENCY GROUP PTFs
                                                      Version:
SF99208                                             V4R3
SF99207                                             V4R2
SF99206                                             V4R1
SF99205                                             V3R2

PRINT SERVICES FACILITY
 PTFs                                             Version:
SF99116                                             V4R3
SF99117                                             V4R2
SF99118                                             V4R1

8X OPTICAL SUPPORT  PTFs
                                                      Version:
SF99089                                             V4R4
SF99088                                             V4R3
SF99079                                             V3R2

TELNET GROUP PTFs:              Version:
SF99033                                             V4R2
SF99032                                             V4R1
SF99031                                             V3R7
SF99030                                             V3R2

WIN 3.1 (XC1 V3R1M1) PTFs
                                                      Version:
SF99054                                             V4R2      (ASSUMES CUM
C8083420 has been applied)
SF99048                                             V4R1      (ASSUMES CUM
C8013410 has been applied)
SF99045                                             V3R2      (ASSUMES CUM
C7322320 has been applied)

WIN 3.1 (XK1 V3R1M0) PTFs
                                                      Version:
SF99053                                             V4R2      (ASSUMES CUM
C8083420 has been applied)
SF99052                                             V4R1      (ASSUMES CUM
C8013410 has been applied)
SF99051                                             V3R7      (ASSUMES CUM
C7343370 has been applied)
SF99050                                             V3R2      (ASSUMES CUM
C7322320 has been applied)

WIN 3.1 PTFs FOR VERSION 3 RELEASE 7:
SF99047

WIN95NT (XD1 M0, 1, 2) PTFs
                                                      Version:
SF99049                                             V4R1
SF99043                                             V3R7      (ASSUMES CUM
C6296370 has been applied)
SF99041                                             V3R2      (ASSUMES CUM
C6282320 has been applied)

INTERNET CONNECTION SERVER PTFs
 (ICS AND ICSS RELATED PTFs)
                                                     Version:
SF99086                                             V4R1

OTHER PTFs:
PTFs for Easy Setup (Tools Group PTFs):
SF99140

Dale Draper