  • Subject: FW: Bill Gate$.
  • From: "Karen Summers" <ksummers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:42:28 -0800

Ya' know...I don't know much about Linux or the Mac OS (what's it called?),
but gosh guys, ftp on the 400 sends me error messages that say "Unable to
send data".  At least Microsoft has decent FREE online help.  You can't
imagine what I had to go through just to get a password to look up any
possible assistance that doesn't cost $285/hour to figure out why I have 5
minute response time after upgrading my operating system (I am not
exagerating and it's still not fixed 72 days later!  The development machine
is unusable.).

Bill's wares are cheap, easy to load, full of bells and whistles and easy to
get help for.  Did I mention cheap?  No one is required to accept the the
preload of Windows (pick your release).  Buy a Dell and load Linux.  What
happened to "the guy with best ideas gets paid a lot of money for them and
wins"?  Isn't that what we all want?

Get off Bill's back.  Who out there complaining (that is not a Mac owner)
has a Gates-free machine?

Criminy!
Kari
(P.S. BTW: I am a bona fide, card-carrying AS/400 bigot.  Ask any
mainframer!)