  • Subject: RE: To have or have not a PC at home
  • From: Roger Boucher <RBoucher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:07:50 -0800

Resisted up until now... but I have reached threshold.

I do my grocery shopping online and yes, the vegetables and fruits are
fantastic.  It takes 10 minutes and it gets delivered when I say (just
before the Sunday night football game <g>).  Saves me 50 minutes.
Downloaded some tax forms that I needed the other day.  I get emailed
stories relevant to the subjects that interest me... automatically.  Found a
great book on forming a Nevada Corporation at Amazon in about 10 minutes...
and a book on Chartres Cathedral with lots of beautiful pictures for a
friend who is dying of cancer and always wanted to go there.  The book was
not available at any bookstore on earth as far as I could tell.  I don't
have to buy a TV guide or wait for the Friday paper to find out what
football games will be shown on Sunday.  I can write notes to a friend of
mine in close proximity to Spanish thanks to Babelfish.  I used MapQuest to
print directions to my wedding (complete with a little color map) right on
my homemade invitations.  I could go on and on... and THIS is only the very
beginning.  Once I get DSL or a cable modem (can anyone say satellite
network) the world will truly be at my fingertips in the time it takes to
walk down the hall.

Roger Boucher
Standard Pacific Corp.
rboucher@stanpac.com