  • Subject: AS/400 Time Server Software (Was Re: Daytime Service on the AS/400)
  • From: "Bill Paris" <bparis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:55:16 -0500

    I just finished browsing that thread but didn't see anything that
allowed the AS/400 to share its time with remote network devices, only posts
that described various ways to obtain the correct time and then adjust the
400 clock accordingly.

    In a previous post I mistakenly mentioned "daytime" and port 13 which is
incorrect.
What I would like to do is be able to get our 400 to share its time with
remote devices using port 37 (TIME) or port 123 (NTP). Right now I'm outta
the office and cannot remember which port the remote devices look at.

    The Lucent ClearTrac's we use in our WAN have the ability to grab the
time from a machine running one of those services and utilizing it would
sure beat telnetting into each box twice a year to set the time....
hehe...

Bill Paris