  • Subject: Re: disk space
  • From: Dennis D Pearson <ddp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:13:56 -0600
  • CC: Art Baker <Art_Baker@xxxxxxxx>

Art

When was the last time someone ran RECLAIM STORAGE?
That might free up some area (after you clean up the lost objects)

Dennis Pearson
Coral Chemical

Art Baker wrote:

> I'm trying to recover disk space on my system.
>         It started with a test data base that was loaded on last Friday, to
> do some testing for a customer of mine. The data base was larger than my
> hard drive and how it ended up was my disk % ASP used was 99.2 per cent,
> some of their journals did not get restored since I ran out of room. That
> was OK since I attached my own journals for testing and the testing is now
> complete.
>         After the test we did a DLTLIB, of the test data base, and the hard
> drive dropped to 96.2 %. Did an IPL last night and the hard drive is still
> 96.2%. I should be at 70%. Any ideas on how to recover this space? I'm
> guessing a disk reorganization as a last resort.
>         By the way, the system ran fine with the hard drive this full. Ran
> slower than usual but performed better than I expected.
> Thanks,
> Art
> +---
> +---
begin:vcard
n:Pearson;Dennis D
tel;fax:847.336.0924
tel;work:800.228.4646 #4712
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.coralchemical.com
org:Coral Chemical Co
adr:;;135 LeBaron Street;Waukegan ;IL;60085;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:ddp@coral.com
note:Director of Information Systems
fn:Dennis D Pearson