  • Subject: Re: Daytime Service on the AS/400
  • From: Dennis D Pearson <ddp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:11:19 -0600
  • CC: Bill Paris <bparis@xxxxxxxxxxx>

There was a discussion on "Synching time on the as/400" on
Sept. 10, please check the archives for more information.
One of the messages made reference to the following;

"It has devices for synching up your AS/400, unix, NT, Novell, HP, and
DECs
devices to atomic clock accuracy better than 100 microseconds.

http://www.spectracomcorp.com/timeday.htm  "

Dennis Pearson

Bill Paris wrote:

> Does the 400 OS (we're @ V4R3) have a "daytime" service? I'm tired of having
> to manually enter the new times twice a year into our remote network
> equipment. Most of this equipment is capable of looking at a machine and
> grabbing the time from it, if its running the TCP/IP service called
> "daytime" (runs on port 13).
>
> I'd like to run the daytime service on the 400 rather than a PC...   (-;
>
> Bill Paris
> Sorrento Cheese Co., Inc.
> 716-823-6262 x376
> bparis@sccmail.com
begin:vcard
n:Pearson;Dennis D
tel;fax:847.336.0924
tel;work:800.228.4646 #4712
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.coralchemical.com
org:Coral Chemical Co
adr:;;135 LeBaron Street;Waukegan ;IL;60085;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:ddp@coral.com
note:Director of Information Systems
fn:Dennis D Pearson