  • Subject: Workplace internet access
  • From: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James W Kilgore)
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 15:50:07 -0800

Don,

After reading a couple of posts on this thread, in a way I agree with
you.

As you state, your tongue in cheek response is just that, but I thought
about how many of our clients supply ping pong tables or other
"recreational" outlets for their employees.  It exists because it
-boosts- productivity.

Now these physical activities were in a high tech arena where one is
encouraged to get off their butt and get some blood circulating, but
what about the worker bees that don't have a PC at home or internet
connection?

A PC or two in the lunch room, (with something like cyber nanny
running), wouldn't kill a company with an existing internet capable
infrastructure.

I can't imagine that the logistics would be all that difficult.

After all, we are in the "information age" <g>