  • Subject: RE: AS/400 .vs. NT
  • From: Walden Leverich <walden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:35:29 -0500

Jim,

Sorry, but I must disagree. It is true that you pay $500 for the dumb
terminal and $700 for the PC, but why are you upgrading the PCs? Why are you
buying Office, why are you adding more memory, why are you adding new
drivers?

These costs are not required costs if you are using the PC for nothing but
green-screen emulation. If you need the features provided by Office and new
versions of the OS then you are using the PC for more than you are using the
green screen for and the comparison is no longer valid.

JMTCW,
-Walden