  • Subject: Help AS400 network print server
  • From: "Roger Vicker, CCP" <rvicker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:11:17 -0500

Can someone please point me in towards the right solution?

A customer had the following configuration:

PC - Win95/98
CA/400 V3R2

| Twinax

AS/400  V3R2M0 (systema)

| Frame Relay

AS/400 V4R2M0 (systemb)

| Frame Relay

Perle 494

Twinax HP LJ III printer

and could print from the PC to an outq on the V3R2M0 (Port in printer
properties: \\systema\/libr/outq)

After the change the configuration is:

PC - Win95/98
CA/400 V3R2

| Twinax

Perle 494----Twinax HP LJ III Printer

| Frame Relay

AS/400 V4R2M0 (systemb)

| Frame Relay

AS400 V3R2M0 (systema)

Now when I try to setup the printer port (\\systemb\/libr/outq) I get
a "Network connection does not exist" error on the PC. I have already
started the routers by signing on to a display session (even to both
systems). Library and outq exist and a writer is even active. I tried
going to the printer (\\systemb\prt01) even though the device named
outq is not used with the same results.

I had this working for one day after the change took place but it has
since stopped and the system administrators claim nothing has been
changed on systemb.

The public authority for the outq and library is *CHANGE.
The host servers have been started (it complained about IPX but they
don't use that protocol. SNA, TCP, ethernet and twinax only).
QSYSWRK and QSERVER subsystems are up.

The AS/400 hasn't been IPL'd for weeks. (I'm trying to talk them into
a regular schedule of monthly or weekly as well as V4R4M0.)

Thanks to the list members

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***