  • Subject: RE: Performance tools with NIC Usage
  • From: pytel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:02:09 -0500

1) Collect data, say for 24 hours with 15 min interval (with Performance
Monitor).
2) Use Performance Tools to produce System report, Component Report and Resource
Report.
System report will give you overall performance stats, while Component or
Resource (do not remember which one, sorry), will give you interval by interval
information about data traffic for every communications line configured on
system.
This will give you information about traffic for different times of the day,
etc.

More hi-tech approach would be to use BEST/1 capacity modeller (included in
Performance Tools).
You can build a model from data, collected in step 1 above.
Then you can vary system configuration for a model (say, change comms line
speeds) and see, how it will influence system performance.
But building a valid model is a major undertaking...

Best regards
    Alexei Pytel

dupe@cognicase.ca (Eric Dupre) on 10/27/99 01:39:13 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com