Good point.  So the lesson is:  our prices are too low by a factor of 10?

Lets assume that posit for a moment, which basically says that by taking away the restraint of budget, what could we offer in competition to the fat client solution?  I think that is the real question here: fat client vs. text-based data stream.

I wonder how we can make the green screen applications intuitive, easy to use, pleasing to look at, and easily supported?

The idea of an HTML and 5250 combining into a snazzy interface makes a lot of sense but man, it needs a lot of additional function to be accepted.

What does the AS/400 solution offer that NT doesn't?  We know that reliability is a non-issue -  too many NT servers are running way to well and way to long for us to throw up the reliabilty smoke screen anymore, and the AS/400 itself is way to complicated for most shops today.

So, what is there to offer?

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

Sent by:        owner-midrange-l@midrange.com