Brad,

Actually, you missed a MAJOR item in the interview process for me:
REFERENCES and WORK KNOWLEDGE.  I'll actually CALL the people on the
reference list and will also call others that may know the candidate.
Also, I'm not beyond taking a candidate to a terminal and telling them:
here's the manuals, here's your libs/srcf's/etc.  Program this task.  Or,
for a operator, ask them to goto a screen and tell me about my system and
what's going on on it...or go plug in and config a
terminal/printer/PC...SUPERVISED of course...or else on a line that's
dedicated to them...:)

For that I DON'T need certification...and it's alot more accurate in terms
of conveying expertise.

Don in DC.