  • Subject: Re: AS/400 TCP/IP Servers
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:27:29 -0400

Brad,

  I have many customers running AS/400 DNS both for internal private only and
Network use.  These systems range from 436's to mid-sized 720's.  All respond in
ms.  They are noticable faster than using ISP supplied DNS Servers (due to fewer
hops to get there.)

  I also have several customers using the AS/400 SMTP server.  While this thing
doesn't run particularly zippy, it runs.  I know of no specific sites that we
can
not send mail to from any AS/400.

  There must be something wrong either in your network or in your AS/400.
Your's
is not normal behavior.

  Is it possible that your network is not using private addresses and that the
addresses for fedex happen to conflict?  Just a thought here.

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         | What do You want to Reload today?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  | Don't throw your PC out the window,