  • Subject: Re: 5763SS1 Option 18 "Media & Storage Extensions"
  • From: "R. Bruce Hoffman, Jr." <rbruceh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 07:49:53 -0400

You do not *NEED* MSE to run your tape unless you want to write your own
tape library exits to do media tracking or use BRMS.

It is an optional feature in the base OS that you would order and (in my
experience) sometimes be charged for and sometimes not be charged for
(depending upon who and how the order is placed). It currently lists for
$995.

So unless you ordered it or ordered BRMS, it would not be on your
distribution material. If you placed an order for BRMS and did not get
the MSE, your order was wrong and you should be able to get it corrected
free of charge.