  • Subject: Re: global MONMSG to catch everything
  • From: "Henrik Krebs" <hkrebs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 17:30:01 +0200

Yes - I suggest that every batch-CL should have an catch-everything routine
(for online programs and maybe worktime batches how you
ever can define that) you might gain by leaving it default to investigate the
situation and maybe give an more default reaction
than to cancel.

This routine should:
 o Test if already in error routine. If so just send an escape to caller.
 o Bouble up all messages to caller as diag
 o set logging to max
 o send an escape up to caller

The same should be done in RPG. You need both the *PSSR AND the INFSR for that

Only when you really mean to do this, you should let a process end 'normal'
with an MONMSG.

If any job rely on another job to be ended normal you should code for that.

The above is NOT what I always do, only what I ougth to do. Remember that all
of the needed routines is common for every program
(well - depending on language of cause), so it's realy nearly only a matter of
copying.

Henrik Krebs
http://hkrebs.dk