We've done just that a couple of times.  No bad results.  Note that IBM
recommends turning off a few things if your network is not completely
isolated - like FTP and ANYNET.  I believe there s a document out there
with all the info.

The most important thing to remember is that you can't move the date
backwards.  What we did is an entire system save (serves as an emergency
backup and source of the config info needed when doing the restore), a
SAVSTG, rolled the date, tested, scratched the system and restored from the
SAVSTG tapes.

SAVSTG is the safest, but is cumbersome if you have a lot of disk and is
cludgey at best.  If it fails, the entire system save can be used to do a
scratch install.  Instructions in the Backup and Recovery guide are pretty
good.

                    Mark Sweeney

                    <MSweeney@DLT.state        To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

                    .ri.us>                    cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     AS/400 Date
Roll-over Testing
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    09/30/99 09:18 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

     We have two AS/400 systems both are 9406 (620) running
          V4R1M0.
          We have modified all applications(home grown) to be Y2K
compliant. My question is this.
          Has anyone out there done a date rollover test 12-31-99 to
01-01-2000 on their boxes to test the operations of their 400's and if so
what were the results.
     Mark Sweeney
     ISD Tech Support
     101 Friendship St.