  • Subject: Re: Security <was RE: Fw: Rewarding challenge AS/400...>
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:53:53 -0700

They write it in... a book?!?

I tell all my users not to give anyone their password, not even me.  When I show
them how to log on for the first time (they have expired set to yes) and explain
to them how to change their password, I tell them not to give it to anyone.

It sounds like that Supervisor needs to be explained what he whole idea of
passwords is.  About that time I think I would broadcast a message to *ALLWS
restating the policy of the IS department that people not give their password
out
to anyone, including their supervisor.  Then I would go and set all passwords to
expired.

Regards,

Jim Langston