I assume most of you folks know that S.E. North Carolina has been
hammered by Floyd(hurricane) and that we are having BIG time flooding..

One of my customers(wholesale electrical) prepared for the "normal"
hurricane type appearance but this one was MUCH different... They
did a normal save and then I came by and did another one myself...
We stored all equipment and forms up high(on top of desks) and went
home for the big blow...  The eye crossed out area at 2:00am on
thursday and it "appeared" that we suffered very little wind damage...
but we did receive 29 inches of rain(+).. This gave us a 100 year
flood level and my customer's business went under 4 feet of water...

I got there Friday(after water went down) and everything was a mess..

The 400 was sitting on top of a 42" table and the base had been exposed
to at least 3-4" of water... several terminals and a 4247 printer got
VERY wet at the base... I started stripping the 400 down to the frame
and layed the whole thing out in front of a HUGE fan... I ran the fan
over
the 400 for 36 hours and then put it back together yesterday morning...

Found one terminal that still worked and hooked it all up.... Put power
to the 400 and hit the start button.... It started IPL and I almost
fainted...

The 400 came up fine but it look like we lost 1 monitor(G72), 4
keyboards,
and one UPS... 3487 and 3488's all came back up but keyboards got
trashed...

The 4247 also had been stripped down and after I put it back together
and put
power to it,,,, it started right up !!!!! These folks are VERY lucky,
even
though it looks like a million dollars in lost inventory.... I spoke to
the guys in Rodchester and they told me they had several 400's go under
up and down the east coast.... We have massive lose in homes and
business's
in our area but everybody seems to be OK.. None of the business's pc's
seemed
to have survived.....

Anybody know where I can get some keyboards for 3487 & 3488 ?????

We all were very lucky....