Dear Terry,

Some thoughts regarding your GDDM question...

GDDM output is fully compatible with IPDS printers. One of the easiest methods
to accommodate the need for a barcode in your program would be to use the DDS
barcode keyword, calling for the appropriate barcode, in a DDS object added to
your current printer file.

Another possibility would be to use the Advanced Printer Function capability
described in the ADTS/400 User Manual. This feature supports the creation of a
limited set of bar codes as raster graphics objects that can be printed on
non-IPDS printers such as the 5224 and 5225. It might be possible to link an
APF generated bar code into your GDDM program because the APF bar code is
created in a graphics format.

A more involved solution would be to create the bar code yourself using the
GDDM bar chart support. You would need to get the specification for the
particular bar code symbology that you needed to produce to get the math
correct for creating the bar codes.

You could also decide to use printers with internal bar code creation
capabilities. All you would need to do was to add a text string that would
activate the bar code in the printer at the position in your GDDM graphic
document where the bar code was required.

Best of luck with the project.

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi, Technical Director                 E-mail: pault@praim.com
Intermate US Inc.                                    Tel: 603-431-0606