  • Subject: FW: And the beat goes on......
  • From: burelle@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 7:37:13 -0500

Gary;

It was created and compiled in VAJA. - Jo Ann
 ----------
From: garyp@firstech.com
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: And the beat goes on......
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 5:19PM

Jo Ann --

Did you notice that you have a backslash in front of the
D:\java\MySource entry in the classpath.  I'm not sure if that's really
in your classpath or if it's just on the email.

Also, did you compile the DepartmentExample in a different directory and
then move it to MySource.  This can sometimes cause problems.

You can download the javax.swing packages (from JFC 1.1 with Swing
1.1.1) from

     http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/index.html#download-swing

HTH,
Gary

burelle@bigy.com wrote:
> > Ok guys;
> > I still can't get my VAJA class to work outside of VAJA.  I did a
echo %classpath% and it reads:

D:\java\JDK1.1.8\LIB;\D:\java\MySource;D:\IBMJava\eab\runtime20;D:\java\jt
40 0\lib\jt400.jar;
> D:\java\pbd-1.2p\pbd.jar;D:\java\swing-1.1.1beta2\swingall.jar
> > In my d:\java\MySource I have:
> DepartmentExample.jar  (this was created from VAJA and should have all
the resources)
> DepartmentExample.class
> DepartmentExample.java
> > If I call the class from D:\> java DepartmentExample, I get "Error
> If I call it from D:\java\MySource\> I get the same message.
> > I changed my classpath to have
D:\java\MySource\DepartmentExample.jar.  I call it from D:\>java
DepartmentExample and I get "Can't find class DepartmentExample", same
message when I go D:\java\MySouce\>.
> > Also, Joe, the example classes I imported from your package still
aren't working, when I try to run them the debug screen show
'com.ibm.uvm.tools.ErrorReporter.signalJavaProblem' in the same little
window as the classes, and then down below in the status bar I got
'Import refers to a missing package: javax.swing',
> > This is getting very frustrating.  On the good side (I think) since I
was able to access and change data on the AS/400 from VAJA they are going
to buy the Enterprise Edition. - Jo Ann
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com