  • Subject: RE: WEB publishing tools
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC OASIS)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:41:33 -0500

I'm using Frontpage for static pages.  Also works if you are using SSIs.
ASP, well, not sure if the AS/400 will run these, but it may.  Haven't tried
it.  VB CGI may work in the IFS as well.

If you're looking for a more stable server, may not be too hard.  If you're
looking at redoing your CGI scripts, then Net.Data is a good choice, but you
may also want to look into CGi programming with RPG, depending on how
comfortable you are with RPG and APIs.  Encapsulated standard input, output,
etc. ILE procedures are also available if you'd like to do a little more
ILE.

For an example of an AS/400 that I used Frontpage for, and also am using RPG
CGI scripts and SSIs, check out:

http://www.netshare400.com

The forums are all RPG CGI.  The first page that lists the forums, last post
date, etc is a SSI page.

Bradley V. Stone
BVS/Tools
http://www.bvstools.com