  • Subject: Failed IOP.
  • From: "Ed Davidson" <Edavidson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:07:20 -0500

I am trying to start an interface on my network, but it fails with the
following message.  The strange thing is that it states a failed IOP.  This
is strange because I have another interface (IP address) that is functioning
fine on the same virtual network interface.  If this is a virtual network
how can it fail?  The message states to look at previous messages to
determine the problem, however there are none.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Additional Message Information
Message ID . . . . . . : TCP1B05
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/13/99 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:55:23
Message . . . . : 208.225.184.180 interface not started. Reason 0009.
Cause . . . . . : The QTCPIP job encountered errors while trying to start
the 208.225.184.180 interface. Reason code is 0009. Reason codes and their
meanings follow:
0001 - TCP/IP is not activate.
0002 - Interface 208.225.184.180 is already active.
0003 - Time-out occurred while activating the interface.
0004 - 208.225.184.180 is an AnyNet interface, not a TCP/IP interface.
0005 - The line type of line description FW00 is not valid for TCP/IP
processing.
0006 - Source service access point (SSAP) list for line FW00 does not
contain
SSAP X'AA'.
0007 - Line description FW00 is damaged.
0008 - Time-out occurred while trying to allocate TCP/IP network device for
line FW00.
0009 - Input/Output processor failed.
0010 - An internal operation failed.
Recovery . . . : Based on the reason code, do one of the following and then
try the request again:
0001 - Issue the End TCP/IP (ENDTCP) CL command followed by the Start TCP/IP
(STRTCP) CL command.
0002 - Interface 208.225.184.180 must be ended before you can start it.
0003 - Do one of the following:
-- Wait for system activity to decrease.
-- Increase the default wait time for the QTCPIP job or your job using the
Change Job (CHGJOB) CL command.
0004 - Make sure the interface being started is a valid TCP/IP interface.
0005 - Do one of the following:
-- Delete the line description using the Delete Line Description (DLTLIND)
CL command. Create the line description again with the appropriate create
line CL command.
-- Use the Work with Line Descriptions (WRKLIND) CL command to determine
which lines exist. Use the Change TCP/IP Interface (CHGTCPIFC) CL command
to specify an existing valid line description name for interface
208.225.184.180.
0006 - Use the appropriate change line CL command to change line description
FW00 so that it contains SSAP X'AA' in the SSAP parameter.
0007 - Look in the QTCPIP job log for previously listed messages. Correct
the
problem.
0008 - Do one of the following:
-- Wait for system activity to decrease.
-- Increase the default wait time for the QTCPIP job or your job using the
Change Job (CHGJOB) CL command.
0009 - Use the Display Message (DSPMSG) command to see the previously listed
messages in QSYSOPR message queue. Correct the problem.
0010 - Issue the End TCP/IP (ENDTCP) command followed by the Start TCP/IP
(STRTCP) command.