  • Subject: RE: CISC to RISC (manual method)
  • From: "Lorne Sturgeoff" <lgs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:33:50 -0400

Al,

"Follow the Roadmap" does not always apply.

If you are faced with an upgrade to feature code 5000 or 5015, you
cannot use any upgrade
 methods in the Roadmap.  The following is taken from Table 14 of
AS/400 Road Map for Changing to PowerPC Technology on the V4R3 Softcopy
disk with regard
 to feature code 5000 or 5015.

"This feature code is for new, preloaded systems. It cannot be used with
any of the upgrade methods.
 If you plan to move user data (in particular, user data in the QUSRSYS
and QGPL libraries or
licensed program data) to a new AS/400 withPowerPC technology, do not
order feature code 5000 or 5015."

Lorne Sturgeoff
Allied International Credit Corp.
11 Allstate Pkwy, Suite 500