  • Subject: Re: help
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 21:28:37 -0400

Well, 12 hours plus is a LONG time, especially on a 320. I have done
many of this type of reload and have never waited 12 hours. I also
have a have a rule that I follow.  There are only three resources that
are used during this time: tape, processor(and memory), and disk.  The
rule is that at LEAST one of these must be busy at all times.  Tape
and processor are fairly easy to keep track of, what with little green
blinky lights and all.  Disk is a bit tougher with no access to
WRKDSKSTS.  I use the ear method - put my ear to the disk units and
listen to see if they 'rattle'.   Now if NONE of these three is busy
then there is a problem.  From what you describe the tape and
processor are NOT busy so the disks better be scramblin'.  If they are
not then you're likely in a loop.  Problem is what to do at that
point.  Seems like a re-ipl to DST and restarting the reload will
likely be needed.

 - HTH Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         | What do You want to Reload today?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |