At 18:26 09/03/1999 , Rajeev wrote:
>Is there any way to ignore typing on non-input capable area so as not to get
>keyboard lock?

Probably not, but it's not normally necessary either, By default the cursor
is positioned to the first input capable field. The only way I know of to
position the cursor to a non-input capable area of the display (assuming
that there is at least one input capable field on the display) is with the
DDS CSRLOC keyword, which allows you to position by row and column
position. If your display is causing the cursor to be positioned to a
non-input capable area, it is probably because someone has modified the
position of the fields, and not bothered to correct the CSRLOC logic.

Otherwise, a little education might be all that's needed. Emulated 5250
display users often don't realize that the PC tab key advances the cursor
to the next input capable field, and the left control key will reset a
keyboard error.
Pete Hall
pbhall@execpc.com
http://www.execpc.com/~pbhall