  • Subject: Re: MIDRANGE-L Digest V2 #1390
  • From: rgh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:01:52 -0500

Mark,
If your sessions drop at 5 minutes, check your system value QINACTITV.  This
value may be set to 5 which will perform the action in the QDEVRCYACN(*DSCJOB or
*ENDJOB) when inactivity time is reached.  This returns the user to the signon
panel so the TCP connection is still active.

Do you have any Session keepalive(timemark) timer settings in CHGTELNA?  If it
is set to something other than *CALC(default), you may want to set it to *CALC
or 600. If this value is set too low and you are using a slow network the delay
could cause the session to be dead which ends the interactive job and ends the
connection.

Is there any message in the QTVDEVICE job logs that manage the device the
session is using?

   Richard G. Hartmann
   AS/400 TCP/IP, Telnet Server/Client, Workstation Gateway, Print Server
development
   Internet e-mail: rgh@us.ibm.com