  • Subject: Re: Client Access file transfers locking - V4R4
  • From: Billy Rowe <billyrowe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:16:43 -0400

Jim Langston wrote:

> Oh, dang, not the answer I expected at all.  I already knew about
> PC FTP scripting.  I was hoping I could script the FTP client on the
> AS400 side.
>
> I dont have the FTP service up on theAS400 and really don't want to
> have to bring it up.  I was hoping that the FTP client on the AS400 had
> scripting capabilities, so I could FTP to an NT FTP server.

Jim,

You can script the AS/400 FTP client, to point the FTP client to a
source
member containing the FTP script just issue the OVRDBF command as below:

OvrDbf File(INPUT) ToFile(QCLSRC) Mbr(FTP_Scrpit) /* FTP Script  */
OvrDbf File(OUTPUT) ToFile(QCLSRC) Mbr(FTP_LOG)   /* FTP Log     */
FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or FTP server Name

The FTP client will get the FTP commands from source member FTP_Script
and the FTP log will go to source member FTP_LOG.

Sample script to log in as ANONYMOUS and get file listing to log:

ANONYMOUS ANONYMOUS
CD directory
ls
QUIT

You can then read the log or whatever!!!

You could also do puts, gets, whatever.

Hope this helps,

Billy