  • Subject: RE: AS/400 Brand Name
  • From: Chris Bipes <ChrisB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:40:58 -0700

Just to add a note about 1.reliability, 2.reliability, and 3.reliability.  I
have an old AS400 9402/200 @ V3R2M0 that went over 14 months before an IPL.
We only IPL'd because the power failed until the ups died.  When the power
came back on, the 400 IPL'd and ran normally.  Now the applications have
been changed, in fact we were using it for testing.  This box performs 10%
of our transaction processing traffic.  All our files are mirrored to it -
real time.  Its transactions are mirrored back to our main system - real
time.  Hell the AS400 just keeps on working.  Now how is that for
reliability?

Christopher K. Bipes    mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst  mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.                http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive   Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park  CA  94928 Fax: 707 586-1884