  • Subject: Re: Emulated S36 pn RS/6000 to AS/400 Conversion
  • From: "End of the Trail" <endofthetrail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:54:39 -0500

Stepped in it, might be the right words...

Just a quick note to say that your problem in many ways sound fun and a
challenge, but the flip-side...

This could be long and drawn out.  Finding the source and data, converting
it to ASCII for FTP or moving EBDIC to the 400(depending on which way is the
Risc/Emulation storing and use them), overview the source for UNIX mods for
the emulation, compiling S36 (screens and ?RPGII using the cycle for screens
and output?), either rebuilting the ocl to clp or get S36 ocls up and
running.  I think you are going to be busy,  I may be wrong!

I have also done serveral S36(RPGII) to AS400(RPGIII, RPGIV) convertions the
last couple of years, but you are adding a big twist, the RS6000 and it
emulation.   Years ago I help take things the other way, S36 Mfg system
MAGICS to a RS6000 using UNIBOL emulation, a PC Network using LATTICE
emulation, and the AS400.  (Advanced Data Systems
www.advanceddatasystems.com was totally rewrote the package for the AS400 in
RPGIV and Y2K ready.)

Anyhow....  If I can help you somehow I will try.  It sounds like your on
the right path.  I do not know if any de-compiler can help you except the
one Universal can come up with.  I believe you will have to get source and
recompile them all.

Eurrat Saylor, Jr.    endofthetrail@skyenet.net
http://www.skyenet.net/~endofthetrail/elsresum.htm
9562 East 750 North
Walkerton, IN   46574    (Koontz Lake, IN)
tel 219-586-7970
fax 210-586-2677