  • Subject: RE: HP laser jet workstation custmization object changes
  • From: Roger Boucher <RBoucher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:54:51 -0700

As I said, it's been a long time since I worked on that nasty printing
stuff... but I do know that I used a workstation customizing object to
standardize the output for all of our 132 and 198 column reports (and any
other reports that print landscape).  Rather than spending another 2 years
<g> working on the customizing object to handle the few portrait reports we
have... I just created additional outqs with the same TCP/IP address as the
original, but WITHOUT the customizing object, and then directed our portrait
reports to that outq instead.

All users happy... all pigs ready to fly.
By the way, who is it that used to append that "all pigs ready to fly" thing
to the end of their messages?  I REALLY want to get a copy of it... but I
haven't seen it in a long time.

Roger Boucher
Standard Pacific Corp.
rboucher@stanpac.com