Hi Guy, Neil O'Reilly posted to this list a couple week ago about a similiar
experience. I'll repost it below. Hope it helps...

Bill Paris
Sorrento Cheese Co., Inc.
716-823-6262 x376

PS: This mailing list is ASCII only...
We recently conducted some denial of service attacks on various servers in
our LAN as part of a security review. We are running OS/400 V4R2 and found
that it is susceptible to the JOLT attack which involves sending fragmented
IP packets to the host.
I am told that this attack was designed to take down Windows 95 machines but
it completely hung TCP/IP on the AS/400. Ultimately we could not actually
end TCP/IP and had to IPL.

Has anyone come across this or similar vulnerabilities before ? Any advice
or experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Neil