  • Subject: Re: How to replace load source disk unit 1 on a 2800 with 2801
  • From: Kirk Goins <kgoins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 19:20:23 -0700

The disk utilities under DST(READ CE FUNCTION) can do this. You can PUMP a
smaller drive to a bigger one. By that I mean, There is a CE tool to save "A"
drive and restore "A" drive. It was first used in the days of the Sys/38 but is
still there for people without mirroring or raid.

It's been a while since I did this but it can be done. I don't remember for sure
but I think you may have to stop mirroring to do it. If these are the only 2
drives mirrored no big deal.
Basic steps if you are going to do this:
#1 F U L L  B A C K U P       F U L L  B A C K U P      F U L L  B A C K U P

#2 IPL to DST
#3 Using the disk recovery menus stop mirroring
#4 Shutdown and pull the non-cfg'd 2800 book
#5 Install first 2801
#6 IPL to DST
#7 PUMP LS 2800 to 2801(both drives one at a time)
#8 Shutdown and remove last 2800 and move first 2801 to last 2800's place
#9 Install 2nd 2801 where you had 1st 2801.
#10 IPL to DST and Start Mirroring
#11 Complete the rest of the IPL and throw away 2800s...

DISCLAIMER: This is meant as a guide and only as a guide. This is best done by
your CE

--
Kirk Goins
Blue Heron Consulting,Inc