  • Subject: RE: DSKBAL... ---> Online/Softcopy info
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 16:52:25 -0500

Can you point a URL to the SQL area?  Going to http://www.as400.ibm.com/
is a sinking pit of quagmire and infinite loops.  It is hopeless to find
anything, as I attested to earlier in my search for SQL information.

dmorris@plumcreek.com on 08/09/99 03:23:34 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
cc:
Fax to:

Colin & others,

I believe that many of the manuals have been migrated to the Information
Center.  For example, the API manuals can now be found under the OS/400
APIs link from the Programming topic.  From what I have seen most of them
have made it over, but a few appear to have been lost in the shuffle.  The
ILE C manuals appear to fall into the later category.

I have seen the SQL manuals under database management.  They don't
seem to be as integrated as some of the other manuals.

I have just started using the manuals in the information center but on the
surface it appears to be better than book manager.  The book manager
has always had problems that don't seem to be getting any better.

David Morris

>>> Colin Williams <Williamsc@technocrats.co.uk> 08/09/99 08:47AM >>>
I think someone has tried to be very smart, but instead has ruined a
system that wasn't any good to start with. Even the organisation of the
manuals on the Softcopy CD's wasn't great, but this is much, much worse.
I feel sorry for anybody who wants to find out a real piece of
information. By the time they find it, it will be time to upgrade to the
next release!