  • Subject: Re: EDI vs. E-Commerce
  • From: "Cynthia M. Kovarik" <ckovarik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 21:11:22 -0400

Found some interesting E-Commerce information here ...

http://gartner12.gartnerweb.com/public/static/home/ggebiz.html
Title: GartnerGroup's Gartner E
Gartner Group Home My Home Page Search Help Gartner Group Home

- William Clifford
     President and CEO,
     GartnerGroup

GartnerGroup Reports IT Spending to Rise 50 Percent by 2002
GartnerGroup to Capitalize on IT Spending Fueled by E-Business
GartnerGroup Launches GartnerE

Amidst the media hype and Internet stock explosions, GartnerGroup analysts ask, “Is 'e' the only letter?”

“E-business is crucial to business development for the next five years,” says lead analyst Alex Drobik. “However, many organizations are missing the whole E-business picture by jumping into the abyss of hype and speculation. E-business is at its best when developed with the entire business in mind.”

GartnerGroup warns that a myopic E-business management strategy will lead to 5% of all businesses failing by 2001. Separating the reality of E-business from the hype is only the first step in avoiding this mega-pitfall. Incorporating the “rest of the alphabet, including the ‘e’” will be the key to transforming businesses.

GartnerGroup advises executives to approach E-business holistically. A key challenge will be to integrate technology into the core of the business, rather than use technology to create ancillary or parallel businesses. Enterprises that fail to do this will waste valuable time and may not survive.

GartnerGroup Reports That an E-Commerce Web Site Costs $1 Million to Build
Ordering Out: Outsourcing E-Commerce Services
E-Commerce Pricing: Buyers Rule, Sellers Tool
A CEO's Internet Business Strategy Checklist: The Leading Questions

GartnerE is our new product line for people who are planning, managing or implementing E-business initiatives. GartnerE delivers 33 research, advisory and market intelligence services that provide you with key E-business knowledge and strategies. Explore our GartnerE offerings and discover how GartnerGroup will help you integrate the letter "e" into your core business.

User
GartnerE offerings for IT decision makers who need to leverage technology for business advantage.
Vendor
GartnerE offerings for technology providers who need to maximize marketshare.

Only GartnerGroup focuses on the full spectrum of issues driving E-business - from the "a" of application integration to the "z" of zero latency, and including everything in between. GartnerE - We Mean Business.

GartnerGroup Corporate Headquarters, 56 Top Gallant Road, Stamford, Connecticut 06904 USA +1-203-316-1111
Entire contents Copyright © 1997 - 1999 by Gartner Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this publication in any form without prior written permission is forbidden. Please read the guidelines and policies for GartnerGroup copyrighted materials. Privacy statement.

| GartnerGroup Home Page | My Home Page | Search |
| Site Map | Help | Feedback | Client Services | Log Off | IT Journal |